Initially, the library had announced Monday, July 14 as the opening date. However, they opened Friday, July 11 at 10am, several days ahead of the published opening date.
The remodeled location has almost three times as much square footage as before. This means more space for books, music, movies and Internet access. Tualatin Public Library features other improvements as well:
- 64 parking spaces, an increase of 35 spaces
- Improved pedestrian access
- Dedicated Children and Teen areas
- Designated social and reading areas
- A vending area, and espresso Bar
- A Community Room for Library programs and large group gatherings
- Two small group study rooms
- An enhanced Library entrance separate from City Offices
But that's not all. Energy-efficency and sustainability are not just buzzwords for the Tualatin Public Library. The remodeled building uses natural ventilation, day lighting, selection of materials, energy efficient lighting and mechanical units, as well as controls that monitor and adjust for use and time.
The project has been registered with the US Green Building Council, and would have been able to achieve a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification of Certified or Silver if certification had been pursued.
The Tualatin Public Library's hours are:
|Monday & Thursday||10 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Friday & Saturday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||1 p.m. - 6 p.m.|