Every year, thousands of people come to Oregon to begin a new life. Pretty much everyone who lives here now either moved a long way to get here, or is descended from someone who did.
Maybe it is what drew you to this state, how things have turned out, or even the journey itself that is most interesting or memorable.
Tell your story in 500 words or less, and give it (along with a submission form) to a reference librarian at the Hillsboro Public Library by the end of April. Your story will become part of the library’s collection, shelved in the Oregon History section.
- Stories can be submitted from February 1 - April 30, 2009.
- Stories should be 500 words or less.
- Typed entries are preferred, but handwritten is OK.
- Turn in your story, along with a submission form, at a reference desk at either the Hillsboro Main Library or Shute Park Library Branch.
- Stories will be grouped by age: 8-10, 11-13, 14-17 and 18+/adults. The collection will be on display for the public to read at the libraries before it is catalogued and shelved.