“Make Every Day a Reading Day” Workshop Sessions
Registration is required and opens one month prior to each session. Sign up for sessions by calling 503-350-3600 or stopping by the Children’s Reference Desk at the Beaverton Library.
Early Literacy Play for Babies
Thursday, April 26, 6:30-7:15 p.m. or Friday, April 27, 11-11:45 a.m.
- Parents or caregivers and their infants under one year are welcome to this workshop, no mobile toddlers please. Get an overview of infant development and the relationship of milestones to early literacy skills. Join in sensory play with books and rhymes to build positive experiences with reading.
Monday, April 30, 6:30-7:15 p.m. or Tuesday, May 1, 11 a.m.-noon.
- Open to children ages 2 to 5 years with a parent. Join your kids as they use early literacy skills to do hands-on science and math activities.
Tuesday, May 8, 1-2 p.m. or 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Open to children ages 2 to 5 years with a parent. Try some fun alphabet activities that demonstrate letter shapes and sounds.
- Open to children ages 2 to 5 years with a parent. This workshop introduces fun ways to help children build a strong vocabulary as you go about your day.
Thursday, May 24, 7-8:30 p.m.
- This is a parents-only workshop that provides hands-on learning to demonstrate how reading to children and engaging in early literacy activities supports brain development. The workshop offers participants strategies for building healthy brains along with safety tips for brain injury prevention. Children’s staff will share activities and book suggestions for infants to 8 years.