A strong grant application will address priorities of promoting cultural diversity, developing community and/or cross-cultural partnerships, providing matching-fund or cost-sharing. Proposals should be geared toward a specific event, activity or communication of the organization.
Applicants to this grant program can apply for activities or opportunities that address one or more of these five goals:
- Public Awareness, Audience Building and Participation: Marketing and promotion
- Support Existing Cultural Organizations: Professional development and capacity building
- Increase Public Art Opportunities: Installations with high impact and/or educational purpose
- Support Cultural and Heritage Learning: Education and cultural learning programs/participation
- Increase Youth Access to the Arts: School-based arts and cultural opportunities and arts awareness
The grant application period ends October 12th at 5pm. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the grant orientation session scheduled for:
Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 4:30-6:00 pm
Hillsboro Public Library – Main Library Board Room (second floor)
2850 NE Brookwood Parkway, Hillsboro 97124
The CCWC was established in 2005 to distribute funds from the Oregon Cultural Trust to promote the cultural identity, quality of life and economic vitality of Washington County and its arts, heritage and humanities organizations. The Coalition has distributed over $385,000 in grants to Washington County based organizations over the last 10 years.
The Oregon Cultural Trust was established by the Oregon Legislature to strengthen Oregon’s culture through the establishment of a permanent endowment. The Trust primarily receives funding from the sale of Cultural license plates and from gifts from individuals and businesses through an Oregon State tax credit program. The Trust invests a portion of proceeds from the endowment in annual grants to Oregon counties and tribal groups, funding for statewide cultural agencies, and competitive grants to cultural non-profits. To learn more about the Trust or to make a donation please visit the website.