You suddenly remember something important and you don’t want it to slip your mind, so you responsibly scribble a note for yourself.
Then a few hours later, you remember you have a note, but when you look for it, you can’t find it!
Now all you know is that you wanted to remember something… but what?
The (pretty awesome) Catalog is here with a NEW feature that can help you remember and find titles at your local library.
Use Text it when you want to have a title and location handy on your cell phone! Since you always have your phone with you, you won’t lose your reminder… unlike those pesky jotted notes. For example:
- You’re browsing the MobilePAC at lunch and want to pop by the library on your way home to pick up a new DVD.
- Your child is doing a science project, and you need the call number so you can quickly run into the library and grab some books.
- Your friend tells you about an author that you want to look for the next time you’re at the library.
- You’re in the middle of a DIY project, and want to go to the library to browse that section for help instead of getting lost in a sea of internet videos.
Using Text it is easy:
- When you find a title in the catalog, click on Find It, and click the phone icon beside your library’s copy. (In the MobilePAC, click the words “Text it”.)
- Enter your cell phone number, select your Carrier, and click Send. You must select the correct carrier for the text to be successful.
- Your text message will include the first 30 characters of the title, library name, and call number. Results vary slightly, depending on your phone and text messaging app.
Try it yourself! PAC Cat likes to text with the library…